It’s so exciting to find an online resource where I can just keep learning more and more each time I visit their website. It’s funny, I follow the Social Media Examiner with Michael Stelzner. It’s a great website/blog/resource for folks in business, but at first, I wasn’t sure that I would be able to take the site seriously. It has a cutesy cartoon safari-guy logo, lots of info-graphics and just a bunch of busy-ness happening on the site. But all of that aside, it really does have content that I find I am consistently referring to.
Today, I stumbled upon the entry entitled, “Establishing Trust: How to Build Relationships with Social Media“. This is a very comprehensive entry on just that – establishing trust with in your cyber-reach.
- How social media has changed over time
- Good email marketing vs bad email marketing
- It’s not the platforms that fail, it’s the community – and thus, how to make your social media audiences count
- How to establish your cyber-reach
- How to gain trust online – That’s the nugget I liked the most. They say that the formula for gaining trust is:
- Be helpful
- Do something for the other person
- Ask for nothing in return