A monthly digest to help an entrepreneur make the most of their digital marketing time and dollars. This month’s topics will help small business owners gain clarity on best uses of images in their online platforms.
Creating and sharing content with your followers that is targeted for your ideal client is inbound marketing. If you are publishing the content at the right time, place and to who your ideal client is, then you are going to have the most success.
A monthly digest to help an entrepreneur make the most of their digital marketing time and dollars. This month’s topics will help small business owners create systems and strategies to leverage their connections and alliances.
I’ve rounded up 4 of my top picks of articles to help small business owners grow their online presence through becoming a resource in their field of expertise. Read more
I’ve rounded up 5 of my top picks of articles to help small business owners grow their online presence. Read more
I’m sure you’ve heard it over and over again. You absolutely must create content for your platforms.
Are you clear as to why that’s important? The main mission of content marketing is to reach and engage with your audience while also building trust. When performed consistently, content marketing makes it that much more likely that when your audience is, indeed, ready to buy or hire a service, they will consider you. You will be top of mind and trusted.
Today’s audiences are more savvy and they are absolutely more demanding. None of us will settle for the same-old-same-old. It’s up to us to create content that is useful, engaging, easy to digest and easy to access. If we don’t offer up information that folks will actually read and find useful, it’s likely they’ll just head somewhere else.
I know – I hear it every day – “I just don’t have time to come up with something all the time!”
I wonder if it will surprise you to know that some of the best content marketers not only create their own great content, but they’ll often beef it up with a percentage of curated content. Read more
Can’t think of anything to blog about?
Try some of these Free Content Tools to help you get your writing engine revving:
- Hubspot Blog Topic Generator: Fill in the three fields shown with topics you are considering writing about. The blog topic generator will provide a week’s worth of blog titles within seconds.
- Tweak Your Biz Title Generator: Fill in the field with your topic. This tool will generate a bunch of great titles for to use for your articles and blog posts.
- Portent: Go ahead and suggest a subject. This tool will generate a number ideas for use as social content. Use the idea generator to write blog posts, create memes or develop videos.
- PostCreator: PostCreator enables you to upload images, insert messages and add a logo to make more engaging branded content. And you don’t need to be a design pro to use it. PostCreator will generate a branded image you can use on your social networks. There’s a free basic plan available.
- National Day Calendar: Great creative opportunities here. Check the calendar for upcoming National Day celebrations or you can even sign up for the newsletter to receive National Day notices via email so you never miss out.
Need to brainstorm? That’s my favorite. Call me for a complimentary 10 minute brainstorming blog ideas session – We will identify a minimum of 5 blog articles for you to whip up.
I know you can do it…. (I’d love to be on your journey with you)
This workshop is designed for the small business owner. You know who you are. You’re the one wearing all of the hats. Your zone of genius shines in the work you do. Your clients are thrilled with your services.
Now, how do you let the world know about the awesomeness of YOU?
Really – that’s what it’s all about – using the online tools that are available to help your potential clients learn more about you. It’s also about creating an online presence in which you are the hands-down resource in your area.
But – how will you manage building, growing, and owning online presence on top of all the other tasks you have as the business owner?
As a fierce advocate for the small business owner – I will supply you with
• Knowledge of ‘behind the scenes’
• Strategies to become a trusted resource (online)
• Tools to save time (Yes!)
• Teamwork tips to AMPLIFY your message.
My promise: You will come away with at least 3 takeaways that will make a real difference in how you view and manage your online presence.
Those online and local businesses who have done a good job making me keep them top-of-mind when it comes to my holiday events and shopping will definitely reap the benefits this coming month when I use their services, buy their products, or refer them to a friend.
- Branded images
- Useful content
- Relevant and consistent emails
- They ‘get me’
Here’s what I mean by that: Read more
“Get Found – OWN Your Online Presence”
Here are a few helpful resources that may help you while you are building your online presence for your own business.
- Erin Sweeney’s 7 Things your Homepage Needs to Convert Visitors to Customers
- WordTracker’s SEO Checklist – 10 Things to Check Right Now
- Likeable Local’s 10 Commandments Of Content Creation
- Why You Need to Build Links to Your Website and What a Good One Looks Like
- Canva Design School – Easily create beautiful designs + documents. Drag-and-drop feature and professional layouts to design consistently stunning graphics.
- Mari Smith’s Facebook Ad Guide: Top Ten Tips to Boost Your Facebook Ad Conversion and ROI
- HubSpot’s Introduction to LinkedIn for Business
- Peg Fitzpatrick’s 9 Ways the Pros Curate Content for Success
- Email Marketing – Curated Articles to Develop Your Email Marketing Success.
- Empowering Entrepreneurs – Curated Articles to Strengthen Your Personal and Professional Skillset
- More Helpful Resources.
I hope these articles will be helpful to you. Please Contact me with any questions or comments.
For your consideration:
Are You Getting Found?
Schedule a 60 – 90-minute private session with me to conduct an in-depth assessment of your online presence, your desired results and best path to achieve your goals. Following our session together, I will send a very detailed written appraisal with a clear initial action plan for your organization. There will be one follow-up phone session 2-3 weeks after our meeting to gauge progress. $289
Let’s stay connected:
Each year, HubSpot sponsors 4 days of truly inspiring events to over 10,000 inspired marketers from every industry. The conference offers over 170 educational sessions along with five pretty incredible keynote speakers. To my good fortune, the conference is held right here in Boston. I packed up my computer and a notebook, hopped on the MBTA and spent the second week of September at the Boston Convention and Event Center in beautiful Seaport.
Before I post my notes, you actually might be wondering what, exactly IS inbound marketing?
HubSpot describes Inbound Marketing: Sharing is caring and inbound is about creating and sharing content with the world. By creating content specifically designed to appeal to your dream customers, inbound attracts qualified prospects to your business and keeps them coming back for more. By publishing the right content in the right place at the right time, your marketing becomes relevant and helpful to your customers, not interruptive. Now that’s marketing people can love.
I ended up with pages and pages of great takeaways – Seriously – I could talk about this for days – so if you have some time, and want to hear more, give me a call – We can set up a time to chat. But since less is more…. I have carved my list down to
My 9 Best Takeaways from Inbound15
My intent is that you will find the content in these monthly newsletters both helpful and inspiring.
Our 20-minute free discovery call helps you know me better and get your questions answered.