Here’s some very helpful advice from Constant Contact:
How do you create share-worthy content?
1. REMIND YOUR AUDIENCE OF YOUR SHARED VALUES ~~ People like to support and spend money with businesses that share the same values and support the same causes. They also like to share information regarding those values and causes. If there’s a particular cause your business supports or values you stand behind, the holidays are a great time to remind your audience.
2. PROVIDE ADDED VALUE ~~ Content that people find valuable will get more use and more shares. ~~~ According to a recent study: Nearly 75% of those polled said they prefer information from companies in the form of articles over ads.
3. ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCE WITH SOCIAL CAMPAIGNS AND SPECIAL OFFERS ~ As you might imagine, people still love to get a great deal. And they love to share those savings with their friends. Especially when email and social media are used together
- An offer of a free item increased open rates by 47.3%
- Coupons increased click rates by 52.7%
- A percent off increased revenue per email by 95.4%
BE SMART WITH YOUR HOLIDAY CONTENT — As you put together your plans for the holiday season, look for ways you can create share-worthy content in the form of shared values, added value, and social campaigns and special offers to make this your most successful holiday yet.
This is Great Stuff.