As I mentioned in another recent blog article, Email marketing can be a very key activity for many small businesses. An Email newsletter effectively packages up the best content generated by the business into an easily-digestible, relevant and useful resource for their audience. Often, an email newsletter may be the company’s main mode of engaging customers, building loyalty and driving sales. There’s no special skills needed to create an email newsletter, but email marketing the right way does require basic know-how.
Here are 10 small business marketing tips to help you create an effective email newsletter to help build your business.
Here are this month’s pick of 4 helpful articles to help you learn more about increasing the online presence of your business.
1. The Art of Social Media: LinkedIn Edition
“LinkedIn is the unsung hero of social-media platforms because it added social features long after places such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. ” Guy Kawasaki shares his best tips tapping the social-media power of LinkedIn.
Find this article on SlideShare.
I’m sure you’ve heard it over and over again. You absolutely must create content for your platforms.
Are you clear as to why that’s important? The main mission of content marketing is to reach and engage with your audience while also building trust. When performed consistently, content marketing makes it that much more likely that when your audience is, indeed, ready to buy or hire a service, they will consider you. You will be top of mind and trusted.
Today’s audiences are more savvy and they are absolutely more demanding. None of us will settle for the same-old-same-old. It’s up to us to create content that is useful, engaging, easy to digest and easy to access. If we don’t offer up information that folks will actually read and find useful, it’s likely they’ll just head somewhere else.
I know – I hear it every day – “I just don’t have time to come up with something all the time!”
I wonder if it will surprise you to know that some of the best content marketers not only create their own great content, but they’ll often beef it up with a percentage of curated content. Read more
Can’t think of anything to blog about?
Try some of these Free Content Tools to help you get your writing engine revving:
- Hubspot Blog Topic Generator: Fill in the three fields shown with topics you are considering writing about. The blog topic generator will provide a week’s worth of blog titles within seconds.
- Tweak Your Biz Title Generator: Fill in the field with your topic. This tool will generate a bunch of great titles for to use for your articles and blog posts.
- Portent: Go ahead and suggest a subject. This tool will generate a number ideas for use as social content. Use the idea generator to write blog posts, create memes or develop videos.
- PostCreator: PostCreator enables you to upload images, insert messages and add a logo to make more engaging branded content. And you don’t need to be a design pro to use it. PostCreator will generate a branded image you can use on your social networks. There’s a free basic plan available.
- National Day Calendar: Great creative opportunities here. Check the calendar for upcoming National Day celebrations or you can even sign up for the newsletter to receive National Day notices via email so you never miss out.
Need to brainstorm? That’s my favorite. Call me for a complimentary 10 minute brainstorming blog ideas session – We will identify a minimum of 5 blog articles for you to whip up.
I know you can do it…. (I’d love to be on your journey with you)
My intent is that you will find the content in these monthly newsletters both helpful and inspiring.
Our 20-minute free discovery call helps you know me better and get your questions answered.